I was in Melbourne for the last day of winter, and the first three days of spring. The weather was unpredictable, but the whole trip was consistently enjoyable. The five things I enjoyed the most were:
1. Visiting the Guggenheim Exhibit at the National Gallery of Victoria
The exhibit displayed a large variety of art from different eras. Predictably, I enjoyed the Roy Lichtenstein art the most.
2. Dinner @ the Supper Inn, Celestial
Laneway Avenue in the City
We only just discovered this place on this trip, but it’s a real hidden gem. Authentic cantonese cuisine. Packed out, hard to get a table, and really really good food.
3. Birthday Cake from Brunetti’s
Kitty bought me a small chocolate profiterole birthday cake from Brunetti’s. Lovely.
4. A day of driving along tram tracks in Melbourne in an Audi
We decided to hire an Audi for a day to discover some new spots. It was heaps of fun driving around and dodging trams, luckily we chose a Sunday and there weren’t that many trams about.
5. Browsing the ‘Famous‘ portrait gallery by Karin Catt @ The State Library of Victoria
Not only were the photos great, but the accompanying text for each told some interesting stories also. Highly recommended.
Good times all around, again.