Today is Blog Action Day so I plan on providing some of the small things that contribute to reducing my impact on the environment.
I try to avoid buying and drinking bottled water as much as I can. This is because:
- Creating and transporting plastic bottles containing water is not environmentally friendly.
- Transporting water from one side of the world to the other (eg. Evian, San Pellegrino) is just plain ridiculous.
- Empty plastic bottles end up in landfill.
- The cost of creating a bottle of water uses about 16 times its volume in water.
- Tap water is drinkable. For those who don’t like the taste, water filters are available.
- Spending money on bottled water is a waste of money.
Picture by cowgummy