I was walking down Burnett Lane in Brisbane city this afternoon when I saw a massive head floating in the sky. I stopped to read the nearby sign and find out it’s an art installation by Christopher Langton for the Inhabit Program which is part of the Brisbane Festival.
I quickly googled the Inhabit program when I got home and realised that there is heaps of stuff going on in Brisbane city over the next three weeks, disappointingly a lot of it is on when I’m overseas.
Here’s a summary:
- Christopher Langton: Facade 2008: Burnett Lane (George Street end): 11 July – 22 August
- Nicole Voevodin-Cash: Escapespace 2008: Eagle lane (junction with Queen Street): 11 July – 22 August
- Alexander Lotersztain: Twig street furniture system 2007: Market Street (Charlotte Street end): From 16 Jul
- Inkahoots: Admissions 2008: General Post Office walkway (access off Elizabeth Street): 11 July – 22 July
- Rodney Glick: Compostism 2008: 11am – 5pm Wednesdays and Fridays: 11 July – 22 August
- Turbot Street Party: Turbot Street Underpass (between George and Roma Streets):
5pm Saturday 19 July
- Farm to Fridge: Market Street (Charlotte Street end): 11am – 2pm Wednesday 16, 23, 30 July & 6 August
- Compostism Demonstrations: Rodney Glick: Post Office Square: 12.30pm Thursday 31 July & Friday 1 August
Click to see larger map.